Carpet Lifting & Refitting Training Course (1 Day)
11th May 2020
New training course – limited seats available:
- Carpet lifting and re fitting
- Underlay replacement, full and partial
- Carpet stretching
- Carpet hot seaming (joining)
- Burn repair
Cutting out burn/ damaged areas and repairing with new insert
All tools provided and available to purchase following the course (NCCA CPD recognised) Full manual and certificate
Training session starts at 9AM
- 9.00 – 9:05 – Introduction into who I am and what this course will offer the trainees and what they will be able to competently achieve in the field after training )Full repair via adaptions with on going self tuition.
- 9:05 – 9:20 – Chat on what technicians have came across in the field that they thought could be or would be better repaired prior to cleaning.
- 9:20 – 10:30 – Explaining what groups of carpet would repair well/better & why. Key features to look for, i.e actual carpet samples demonstration and expectations to prep the customer on what to expect from there professional repair and how much they could look at charging.
- 15 minutes – Break
- 10:45 – 12:00 – Product knowledge, i.e what goes into a fitted carpet, grippers, underlay, subfloor and how accessories might be fitted and adhesives used.
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Lunch
- 12:30 – 2:30 – Demonstration from my self including, full patch repair, re-tufting, repairing joins, cigarette burns, tuft replacement, re-stretching carpets prior to cleaning.
- 2:30 – 2:45 – Break
- 2:45 – 4:45 – Hands on training, interactive. Having students preform all repairs they have seen me complete. Each individual student will have there own permanently dyed wool, or permanently damaged synthetic carpet sample to work with.
- 5.00 – Training session finished.
Free food and drinks provided and ample free parking.
Please only book if you can make the day – course fee is non-refundable.