Dry Carpet Cleaning Powder – 10kg
Dry Carpet Cleaning Powder – The cleaning power of Microsplitters infused into an organic carrier material.
Probably the most advanced product of its type, Dry Carpet Cleaning Powder takes Very Low Moisture (‘VLM’ or ‘Dry’) cleaning to a new level of efficiency!
Because only very low levels of moisture are employed:
- The risk of shrinkage is virtually eliminated.
- Carpets fitted by means of water-sensitive glue are not a problem.
- Other humidity-sensitive areas such as double floors can be cleaned without risk.
- Carpets can be walked on during and immediately after cleaning – no down-time!
Dry Carpet Powder does not contain detergents, so there is no sticky residue to contribute to re-soiling – also because the granules do not adhere to carpet fibres, they are much easier to remove at the final stage of the clean.
Dry Carpet Powder does not contain optical brighteners it does not cause yellowing.
Dry Carpet Powder does not affect treatments such as Solugard or Scotchgard. The powder offers safe, efficient cleaning without risk of wick-back as well as a broad spectrum of stain and spot removal.
Dry Carpet Powder can be applied on all water and colour-fast surfaces made of natural and synthetic fibres. Always pre-test carpet or surface to be treated in an inconspicuous area before proceeding.
Sometimes, foam-building occurs during the cleaning procedure. This is caused by shampoo or detergent residues that were not properly rinsed out in prior cleaning. These detergent residues can cause an increased re-soiling and re-appearance of stains and spots on the floor.
- Thoroughly pre-vacuum carpet.
- Pre-treat heavily soiled areas lightly with Solution Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner (Standard or Natural as appropriate).
- Turn container of Dry Carpet Powder for a few moments to ensure that it is evenly moistened.
- Sprinkle the granules onto the carpet at the rate of approximately. 50-100 g/m, depending on the degree of soiling. This can either be done by hand or machine.
- Brush granules into the carpet using a twin contra-rotating brush machine, brushing from several different directions to ensure full treatment.
- Allow the granules to dry (15-30 minutes, depending upon condition). during this phase the granules, acting as natural sponges, will absorb soil-laden moisture, resulting in a change of colour.
- When completely dry, remove granules using a commercial-grade upright vacuum cleaner.
- Dry Carpet Powder removes a broad spectrum of stains and spots, including filtration soiling in peripheral and door areas, grease, beverages, protein, dispersion paints, mustard, oil, ketchup, etc. However, should any spots or stains still be apparent, they should be treated with specialist spotters from the solution range.Spots which cause a fibre-colour-reaction, for example urine, coffee, etc.may not be totally treatable.
Certified in line with The Woolsafe Organisations stringent standards and safe to use on wool and synthetic fibre carpets and rugs.
Coverage: approx. 50 g/m
Storage: in closed containers, frost free, dry and cool.